You can’t build a great business without nurturing from within. Meet the firms that are doing it right. A great map of 25 Top Companies for Leadership Development.
Examples of good initiatives include:
- Sending leadership SWAT teams around the world to coach local staff (IBM)
- 90% of management promotions being internal (General Mills)
- Sending young managers to live in Indian villages so that they can understand the needs of rural consumers (HUL)
- CEO devoting about 40% of his time to leadership development (GE)
- Half of variable comp for senior execs influenced by mentoring skills and other leadership behaviors (Eli Lilly)
Try to « walk the talk »!
Let’s talk about it,